This year because of a trip to the East coast, Father's Day just sort of appeared on my calendar. This meant that I had to think fast and work with supplies I had on hand. I found a scrap of hand dyed (by me) watercolor paper (in my stash) that had the just right quiet colors that matched my husband's personality. I wanted to stamp an appropriate design over the dyed colors but I couldn't find a large enough rubber stamp. Since he does a lot of traveling (even got a million mile recognition from American Airlines), I looked for airplane or travel stamps. I finally located an impression folder which had postage images....good enough! After impressing the dyed watercolor paper by running it through my Big Shot machine, I rubbed the surface lightly with a dark brown stamping ink. After adhering the impressed, dyed panel to a grey card blank, I die cut the words using a Lawn Fawn die on grey metallic foil paper. I used Fabri-Tac glue to attach the words to the front of the card and voila! my Father's Day card was done! My husband, father of my children, loved the card! I am happy that I found a quick and easy way to create a suitable card to celebrate this special day. Hope your dad had a great day too and you made him something heartmade!


Your "easy" Fathers Day card for your husband is beautiful. Love the blended watercolored background and rubbing with dark ink after dry embossing makes this look fabulous!
ReplyDelete