My husband was grumbling about the loaves of panettone bread I've been hoarding in the freezer since last Christmas. LOL! I decided to make him some bread pudding so he would stop mumbling about the lack of freezer space. I began by tearing the bread into large chunks and placing them into a parchment lined 8 x 8 baking pan until the bread pieces are in a layer almost to the top of the pan. Next, I beat 3 eggs into a mixing bowl and added 1 cup of heavy cream plus some (about 1/2 cup?) water, sugar (1/2 cup?) a grating of nutmeg, and a dash of vanilla. I pured this liquid over the bread pieces to which I had added about 1/2 cup of dried fruit ( cranberries, raisins, cherries, etc.). After making sure the bread pieces were soaked, I dotted the top with chunks of butter (1/4 cup?) and baked the mixture at 350 degrees until the bread pudding smell was irresistible. Hahaha! The finished bread pudding should be brown on top and a butter knife inserted should come out clean. Sorry that I don't have a real recipe for my bread pudding but this is how I use up freezer bread and please my husband at the same time!
Monday, August 17, 2026
No Recipe Panettone Bread Pudding
My husband was grumbling about the loaves of panettone bread I've been hoarding in the freezer since last Christmas. LOL! I decided to make him some bread pudding so he would stop mumbling about the lack of freezer space. I began by tearing the bread into large chunks and placing them into a parchment lined 8 x 8 baking pan until the bread pieces are in a layer almost to the top of the pan. Next, I beat 3 eggs into a mixing bowl and added 1 cup of heavy cream plus some (about 1/2 cup?) water, sugar (1/2 cup?) a grating of nutmeg, and a dash of vanilla. I pured this liquid over the bread pieces to which I had added about 1/2 cup of dried fruit ( cranberries, raisins, cherries, etc.). After making sure the bread pieces were soaked, I dotted the top with chunks of butter (1/4 cup?) and baked the mixture at 350 degrees until the bread pudding smell was irresistible. Hahaha! The finished bread pudding should be brown on top and a butter knife inserted should come out clean. Sorry that I don't have a real recipe for my bread pudding but this is how I use up freezer bread and please my husband at the same time!


No comments:
Post a Comment