Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hero Arts Clings Silhouette Rubber Stamps


Last week I had the opportunity to shop at the Mapunapuna Ben Franklin Crafts and happily found some new Hero Arts rubber stamps. I could hardly wait to get home to ink them up. Since I have many people to write thank you notes to, it seemed to be a perfect time to try out these new stamps with old-fashioned graphics. The ornate frames and buckle style tags were cut using Spellbinder dies. It may not be apparent in the photo, but both die cuts have embossed designs. The black and white background papers came from the La Creme DCWV paper pack. The only problem I had was that the solid areas of the stamped image sometimes did not leave an even black color so I had to do touch-ups with a black small tip marker. Ben Franklin Crafts has lots of new silhouette stamps so you should pick some up. I'm sure they'll make writing thank you notes more enjoyable. Don't forget 40% coupon day is coming up. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll visit again soon to see what other projects I come up with in the new year. Happy 2011!


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

So pretty Lynn! Love your cards!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

kris said...

OH my gosh!!! These turned out FABULOUS!!! i love the way it looks, very classic!! darn it i thought i knew what i wanted to spend my 40% on but i think my mind is changing!! hehe! Happy New Year Lynn!!

Joy said...

I saw those designs, too and I thought the ones with the little girls reminded me of the "Sound of Music" I guess because I can picture them on a grassy hill?!

Very nice and elegant Thank you cards, Lynn!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Lynn,

I found the name of the children's book you referenced. It's called "The Night-Lite Kids" by Robert Kraus. :)