Just a few photos of some jewelry experiments I've been doing. On a trip to the Tucson Gem and Rock Show, I acquired these crystals and set them in resin to form unique pendants.
It was easy to use the L'Bell supplies (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to set the crystals in the findings with UV resin.
For the top pendant I used a chain made from wire-wrapped gemstones. The lower pendant has a wire-wrapped bail on a sterling chain. Hopefully, I will be making more of this type of jewelry to sell in my locker at Hilo Ben Franklin Crafts. I hope this post has given you ideas for using UV resin to make one- of- a -kind jewelry. Experimenting with your crafts can yield amazing results...give it a try!
Recently, one of my longtime friends (from first grade!) sent me a wonderful pair of Mohala sunglasses for my birthday....lucky me! I wanted to make her a special thank you card. I happened to be putting away my Valentine stamps and dies when I realized that I didn't use my Valentine raccoon set. Also, I noticed the raccoons had masks that looked like sunglasses....so I knew immediately what to create. The Hero Arts dies cut out the stamped raccoons very easily and coloring involved very little work. For the sunglasses, it was simple to stamp and color the Lawn Fawn image, then apply Glossy Accents to make them stand out.
The thought balloon was stamped and hand cut. Both middle raccoon and the thanks balloon were raised up on foam dots. The card base was cut from a sheet of Sizzix Geometrics double sided paper. This pack from BFC has lots of good simple designs perfect for backgrounds. As you can see the background really changes the feel of the card. I hope that you will check out the Mohala sunglasses website for some classy eyewear...protect your eyes this summer!
This card was inspired by a TCW stencil and a Lawn Fawn die purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. I was supposed to use the supplies to make a Valentine card. However, since I ran out of time to use them for V-Day, I decided to employ them to create a thank you card. I started the card by spraying the back of the stencil with re-positional Elmer's adhesive. The stencil was then adhered to watercolor paper before dusting on some Ken Oliver Color Burst powder and spraying with water. Next, the mailbox was die cut from DCWV shimmer paper. I found a woodgrain paper to die cut the mailbox post. To make the stenciled, watercolored image seem more postal, I trimmed the edges with a fancy scissors.
This different colored version of the same card has a nicer color palette, but the blurry image (I sprayed too much water) seems less like a post mark. However, the Impression Obsession "Thanks" cut from DCWV foil paper does show up well. Thanks for reading this post. I hope you found it interesting and will leave a comment if you have some time. I do enjoy hearing from you.
I love, love, love the new Paper Crane design products by Photoplay....available now at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. The 6x6 paper pad is perfect for local card makers. I used the cherry blossom design for my card background. First I used two of the hexagon Spellbinders dies to form the shadow box (foam dots between the layers). I stamped the Dandelion Designs sentiment on the back hexagon before running it through the Darice cherry blossom embossing folder and dusting it with pink chalk. The kokeshi doll image was stamped and die cut before coloring it with Copic pens. The artificial cherry blossoms are from my stash (maybe originally from BFC). I think they add the perfect touch and give some dimension to an otherwise simple Girl's Day card. This card is dedicated to all my blogger GIRL friends...enjoy the day!