Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Die Cut Easter Candy Basket

When I saw the Sizzix die for this basket, I wasn't particularly inspired because the cover photo showed the basket in a grey metallic color like an old lantern.  I thought that the die would be perfect to cut an Easter basket if the right paper was used...a dotted yellow one!  This basket took four die cut panels to form (about half a 12x12 sheet).
I used the grass border punch to form the strip I wrapped around the bottom of the basket.  The bunny and eggs were stamped and die cut with Lawn Fawn sets.  By using printed paper for the eggs I saved coloring time and the bunny only had one pink ear to color. Bo Bunny pearlescent paint was used to add some dimension to the ribbon and tail. I'm not sure why, but the basket handle had a tiny hole on each end. I decided the holes needed some finishing touch so I added (after much indecision and button changing) a pale pink flower button that seemed just right. (I found the buttons in a jar of assorted buttons I purchased at BFC....I think.)
Before using this basket as a candy holder, I filled it with shredded grass (from BFC). I think I need to buy more foil covered chocolate eggs to put in the basket....I already ate the ones I bought earlier....LOL!  Tip: If you don't have time or can't find the Lawn Fawn sets, you can use felt bunnies and carrots (Darice) to decorate your basket.  This will be less work if you have lots of candy baskets to make. Have a sweet Easter!


2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love your lantern-shaped Easter basket in spring colors. You designed it so well with the bunny and colorful eggs. Happy Easter.

yyam said...

Oh my. This is adorable! :)