Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Happy Mail Thank You Card

This card was inspired by a TCW stencil and a Lawn Fawn die purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. I was supposed to use the supplies to make a Valentine card.  However, since I ran out of time to use them for V-Day, I decided to employ them to create a thank you card.  I started the card by spraying the back of the stencil with re-positional Elmer's adhesive.  The stencil was then adhered to watercolor paper before dusting on some Ken Oliver Color Burst powder and spraying with water.  Next, the mailbox was die cut from DCWV shimmer paper.  I found a woodgrain paper to die cut the mailbox post. To make the stenciled, watercolored image seem more postal, I trimmed the edges with a fancy scissors.
 This different colored version of the same card has a nicer color palette, but the blurry image (I sprayed too much water) seems less like a post mark.  However, the Impression Obsession "Thanks" cut from DCWV foil paper does show up well.  Thanks for reading this post. I hope you found it interesting and will leave a comment if you have some time.  I do enjoy hearing from you.

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Such a beautiful card with an artistic background. So clever to change it to a thank-you card.