Sunday, March 11, 2018

Raccoon With Sunglasses Thank You Card

Recently, one of my longtime friends (from first grade!) sent me a wonderful pair of Mohala sunglasses for my birthday....lucky me!  I wanted to make her a special thank you card.  I happened to be putting away my Valentine stamps and dies when I realized that I didn't use my Valentine raccoon set.  Also, I noticed the raccoons had masks that looked like sunglasses....so I knew immediately what to create.  The Hero Arts dies cut out the stamped raccoons very easily and coloring involved very little work. For the sunglasses, it was simple to stamp and color the Lawn Fawn image, then apply Glossy Accents to make them stand out.
The thought balloon was stamped and hand cut.  Both middle raccoon and the thanks balloon were raised up on foam dots.  The card base was cut from a sheet of Sizzix Geometrics double sided paper. This pack from BFC has lots of good simple designs perfect for backgrounds. As you can see the background really changes the feel of the card.  I hope that you will check out the Mohala sunglasses website for some classy eyewear...protect your eyes this summer!