Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Uncomplicated Autumn Necklace

Remember the last autumn necklace photo I posted? I made that necklace for myself after unsuccessfully trying to make one for a gift (just couldn't figure what style to make). Well, I finally came up with a simple wire strung bead necklace with a cool leaf clasp. The beads from Ben Franklin Crafts are a perfect choice because the recipient really loves glass beads after going to Murano, Italy. I know she bought some beads there. I scanned old photos and searched my memory to remember the styles and colors of jewelry that she wears. I feel confident this easy front closing necklace will please her. The photo below shows the last of my extra card boxes decorated for autumn and filled with the necklace (in a ziploc bag so the necklace won't fall out). The Sister Stamp image was colored with Copic pens. The umbrella and kimono were paper pieced. The words were stamped using a Dandelion Design stamp from Ben Franklin Crafts. The ribbon and autumn leaf washi paper are from BFC, too. I can't wait to give this gift because it took me so long to decide what to make and I'm excited to see if I guessed right about her taste in jewelry. Happy autumn crafting!









6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, your necklace is so pretty!!! Love all the jewelry you make. Your candy box is so cute for the necklace. Your friend will be so thrilled when she gets this gift.

Creations by Shirl said...

Such pretty gifts to give to your friend, I'm sure she is going to love receiving them - who wouldn't..... love the color of the necklace great autumn colors and your treat box is totally adorable... great job on the paper piecing of the umbrella and kimono too....Have a super weekend...

Shirley N said...

Your necklace is just gorgeous Lynn, you are a master at jewelry making! And your gift box is beautiful too, that in itself is a wonderful gift--your friend is one very lucky girl!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Lynn, that would be one very lucky recipient. She'll love the autumn-themed necklace and candy box. Awesome job.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Lynn, that would be one very lucky recipient. She'll love the autumn-themed necklace and candy box. Awesome job.

Joy said...

Beautiful necklace, Lynn! And really good idea to use th candy box!