Friday, July 19, 2013

Real Flower Miniature Garden Resin Pendant



You know how sometimes (but rarely) you imagine a piece and then it turns out exactly as you imagined or sometimes even better. Finishing this resin project was one of the those rare moments when all the stars lined up and I achieved what I wanted.  I am so proud to show you my UV resin pendant made with real pressed flowers set in a teardrop metal pendant frame. The pendant frame, UV light and resin are available from Ben Franklin Crafts so you can design your very own original jewelry like this.  To make tiny pressed flowers and leaves I suggest you dry flowering herb plants between white paper and leave them under heavy books for a few days.


This close-up shows the delicate and colorful the petals and how the flowers are set perfectly in the resin.

The beaded chain and dainty Japanese clasp were found in the Ben Franklin Crafts jewelry department.  For a while I will suspend showing my resin crafts on this blog site (so you paper crafters won't get bored), but I have so many ideas to try that I'm sure I will show you more later.  Jewelry magazines and books abound with creative steampunk style work and if you like the look, I think you will be drawn to the possibilities of resin crafting.  I hope you'll check out the new merchandise at BFC and become inspired.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous and beautiful and amazing! I wish I had the patience to make something like this. The chain just adds to its beauty...LOVE it!

Creations by Shirl said...

So so pretty Lynn, love the charm on the necklace. You are really talented on your jewelry making!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hooooo Lynn, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Just love all the itty-bitty details. You're so talented.

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at the resin kits and feel so intimidated by it but then I see this beautiful piece (with real flowers!) and I drool. I do love the variety of craft work you show on your blog and admire your talent to work with different kinds of medium. Jayne

Leanne said...

This is pretty!! I have some of these kits but I have yet to use them!! Wonderful share Lynn!
:D
xx

Anonymous said...

I just love this product thank you for your inspiring blog, I just love the Ideas you always come up with one happy crafter