Saturday, December 21, 2013

Vintage-look Santa Card

 As usual I was drawn to the Authentique line of Christmas papers.  I especially loved the textured ones and the vintage images but I wasn't sure how to use the 12x12 sheet of images.  Finally I decided that I would get the most out of each sheet by cutting out the pieces, like the Santa that I used here.  By using half of a 12x12 sheet I formed the card base and then it was simple to add on the label (from the same sheet as the Santa image), the Elizabeth Die cut silver foil pine branch, American Craft ribbon, Studio G letter stickers, and piece of ornament print paper (from 6x6 Authentique pad).  If you use the American Crafts foil paper and the Sizzix magnetic platform, you will probably be more successful in cutting intricate die shapes like the pine branch.
With the leftover strip of Authentique paper, Studio G sticker ornament, and a die cut green foil pine branch, I crafted a tag.  The bookmark tag was cut with a Paper Smooches die.  The Charles Dickens quote was taken from the border of the Authentique 12x12 sheet.
Most of the supplies used on these projects were purchased at House Mart Ben Franklin Crafts.  I hope you're still having fun crafting pretty things for Christmas.  Remember you can always save them for next year.  I usually don't get going until mid-December so much of what I make now will be used next year.  You should keep a lookout for soon-to-be-discounted craft supplies at BFC so you can hoard them for future projects and be so ready for Christmas 2014!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh Lynn, you sure made a cool card and it is 100% vintage! Happy Holidays!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love your vintage Santa card, oh boy got to put that die on my wish list....

Maire Gamber said...

Just beautiful Lynn! Love how you chose to use the left over paper too! I always wonder what to do... You had the perfect solution!
Hugs,
Marie