Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Retirement Card

For a change I decided not to make a card with fussy cutting or a ton of embellishments.  I kept it simple and just had fun practicing my watercoloring technique (?).  The Art Impression line of stamps are easy to color with color pencils and an aqua pen.  Basically, I just followed the  colored sample on the rubber stamp package, using my grey color pencil to do some of the shading. (Sorry the photo is not the best.)
As usual I had a few smudges of color, so I covered them up with a spray of color mist (Mister Huey or Fireworks).  Because the recipient of this card (my sister) expressed a desire to do some crafting with her newly acquired free time, I decided to show her (on the inside of the card) what will happen to her if she does.  Life gets messy when you become a crafter (right?) but you just have to embrace the disorder.  Thanks for stopping by and if you have some time to spare, please leave a comment. I really enjoy reading them.




4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

these images are so fun.. they totally make me laugh.. great retirement card.

Creations by Shirl said...

hehe too cute... I just love those stamps too! They are one bunch of ladies with their own personality...
They would make anyone smile just receiving their stamp on any card....

yyam said...

I love simple cards! This is so sweet! And colouring is so therapeutic!

Leanne said...

Oh Lynn this is fantastic!!!
Love the details and I think those could be classified as happy accidents instead. ^.^
The inside cracks me up. She's gonna love this!!