Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hugs Valentine Card



Here is version #2 of a card made with the same technique described in my previous blog post.  The background in this one has the same embossed hearts, but they are not white due to paint running into the indents in the folder.  At first I was going to toss it, but then I liked the way the colors ran on the watercolor paper. The fold on the card of the Studio G card bothered me a bit because it wasn't scalloped so I added a ribbon and a Dress It Up mini heart button.  For this card I used the Lawn Fawn die cut word, 'hugs' on the front and stamped the Hero Arts words, ' You are my favorite' inside. I think I will send this card to my sister (perhaps as her birthday card...one week before Valentine's Day) because it is always our joke that we are each other's favorite sister....there are only two of us....LOL!

3 comments:

Cami said...

This is another adorable card with the Gorjuss girl! I love the way the colors ran...you know that there is never anything "wrong" or "tossable" in the crafting world...that's natural art! Glad you used this to make another card...soft colors and so girly!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute card! I like the background and the scallops! I think your sister is going to love it!

shayndel said...

So cute! You have so many creative ideas!
Found your blog through your Cherry Blossoms card.
Have a great day. Blessings from Japan!