Sunday, November 10, 2019

Autumn Blessings Tree Card


 The IO (Impression Obsession) tree die is one of my favorites. I think I use it at least once every autumn.  This year I chose to make it more tree-like by cutting it out from a woodgrain paper that sort of looked like a wooden floor.  To hide the lines between each plank of wood, I smudged on some brownish-grey ink after the tree was cut out.  Somehow, the salmon colored paper with musical notes (from DCWV Autumn Melody pack) seemed just right for embossing with the leaf design (free from Papercraft Magazine).  The musical notes and raised leaf design are barely visible, but I think they really add to the overall look of the card.  To balance out the design, I added a die cut maple leaf (die also free from Papercraft  magazine) that was rubbed with copper metallic paste and flecked with gold ink.  The copper heat embossed words (TPC stamp) were made with Nuvo embossing powder (available at HM BFC). I am very happy with the quiet look of this card as it is sort of what I visually imagine falling leaves sound like in the early morning.  Gosh, I wish we had a real fall season, but I guess then I'd be grumbling about raking up leaves. LOL!

No comments: