Sunday, October 4, 2020

Halloween Mummy Slim Card

This year I resolved not to buy any more Halloween stamp or die sets but when I saw the Whimsy offerings this year, I caved.  I envisioned so many possibilities for the haunted house die and I loved the clever sayings in the stamp set. I started this card by rubbing Hero Arts distress ink onto watercolor paper.  I sprayed and sprinkled water until I achieved a look that I liked.  Once the paper was dry,  I used 3 in 1 Beacon glue to adhere the die cut house and scenery to the colored background.  You might prefer using a ballpoint pen with white glue as the clear glue leaves some shiny residue, but it does dry fast so I like that. 
The mummy was easy.  I just stamped Versa clear ink on black card stock and heat embossed with opaque white powder.  The image was then fussy cut and fastened onto the card with foam dots.
The words were stamped onto brown card stock and then hand cut into a sign shape.  I used an embossed woodgrain die to add some realism but I don't think it added much so next time I will omit this step.  I am pleased that this card turned out pretty close to the one I had in my mind and it was super easy.  Maybe I'll make just ONE more Halloween card....heeheeehee!

 

4 comments:

yyam said...

Really cute! Hope you get great use out of your purchases.:)

Annette Allen said...

this is so fun... i love that sentiment. great card

eunice said...

Great decision to purchase this die... I love your distress ink blended background and how it shows through behind the haunted house die!

CoryHales said...

Great card!