Friday, February 26, 2021

Frog Mini Envelope with Heart Closure and Small Card Enclosed

As usual, I didn't get around to making all the Valentine projects I had planned.  Normally, I would put the unused products into a box marked for Valentine 2022.  However, I had so many ideas that I knew I would forget by next year so I decided to complete a few projects and then put them into a box for next year. I loved playing with this little Lawn Fawn die which makes a mini envelope with a heart closure.
This die set even has a part to cut a little scalloped edge card and script letters spelling 'for you'. I cut the frog and heart from the DP paper that I used to make the envelope.
I also had a small LF heart shaped shaker die that I wanted to test out.  I cut two extra heart-shaped rings to thicken the walls that would hold the mini hearts (cut using the die) and Martha Stewart heart sequins. A piece of acetate was used under the top heart ring to form the window.  I think this mini shaker heart would be useful for jazzing up a small gift even if it's not Valentine's Day.  The little envelope and card can also be used all year round as a gift enclosure instead of or with a full size card.  Okay, I'll make a few Valentine-ish projects before I put my boxes away and start on Easter...promise!





 



2 comments:

eunice said...

Aww... your "for next year" Valentines projects are adorable! The heart closure envie is really cute, is it large enough to be a gift card holder? Little shaker charm is super cute too!

yyam said...

Oh my. This is soooooo cute! I love that you go all out with your cards! I just tend to throw a bunch of random leftover stuff on mine. LOL