Saturday, March 6, 2021

Postal Delivery Thanks

While putting away my Valentine stamps, I came across this cute Penny Black hedgehog postman and I felt inspired to make a card to add to my thank you card stash.  Since I was doing one, I decided I should make two while I had the supplies out
I thought the largest die in the Pink and Main set would make a great base because it looks like a postage stamp.  Ranger Distress inks  were used on the edges of the giant stamp and to stamp the heart with words and the postal date stamp. It was simple to stamp the hedgehog and color him in with Copic pens, fussy cut him out and adhere him with foam adhesive dots. The Hero Arts 'thanks' die was used to cut the word of gratitude.
My second card is a little different from the first one but was basically made the same way.  I think I like both of them equally.  I'm glad I found my set of Tim Holtz postal stamps as I think they really add to the look I was trying to achieve on these cards. I am happy that I got to use some more of my Valentine stamps before moving on to Spring and Easter cards....and I increased my thank you card stash!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

That Penny Black hedgie postman stamp is irresistible! I like your idea of using the postage stamp die as the background and adding the cancellation postmark stamp... so clever, and really looks very cool!