Sunday, April 11, 2021

Arigato (Thank You) Kokeshi Doll Card

Because the slimline card format is very popular now, I decided to retrieve some blank business-letter shaped cards from my bottomless craft storage bin.  Here is the thank you card I created to say, "arigato" for some wonderful birthday gifts that were wrapped in the Japanese 'furushiki' style.
I believe that Whimsy Stamps started the trend to decorate the slimline cards with creative die cuts.  I used the die to cut some of the wrapping paper (I think I wrapped the giver's gift in this paper for HER birthday...hahaha!) to make a frame for the kokeshi dolls. I cut solid papers with this die too, to make the inside pieces. By simply changing out the inside colors you can see that  there is a subtle difference between the cards.  The original card blank had a cut out square and a pink panel of paper for writing a message so I recut the square opening and stamped the inside design.  The dolls were stamped on origami paper, fussy cut, and glued onto the original stamped image so that their kimonos would look colored but didn't require much labor.  The larger word stamp was by Mari and Me and the smaller one is from Dandelion Designs; I think. Hero Arts made the set of three kokeshi doll stamps.  If you don't have any slimline card blanks, you can easily cut some yourself to fit a business envelope and punch out a window too.  Be creative and have fun!

                                        

 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Cute! I didn't know about slimline cards being a trend. Most of my recent cards are of this format because I need the cards to be lightweight to save on postage. *LOL*

Annette Allen said...

aww those little Kokeshi Dolls are to cute.. These are adorable.