Thursday, September 23, 2021

Halloween Swirl Trick o' Treat Card

It's sad that because of the pandemic most kids won't be going trick o' treating this year.  Since my grandsons deserve some Halloween joy, I decided to make cards with gift card holders.  At least with a gift card the boys can find some treats of their choice.  I love the new Whimsy 'taffy' slimline papers.  The bright colors remind me of yummy candy so it seemed natural to use them to make Halloween themed cards. The Whimsy die cut windows were cut from plaid paper and simply glued over the swirled papers.  Lawn Fawn Halloween characters were stamped, colored, and glittered (with fine crystal glitter) before adhering with foam adhesives.  (Adding glitter with a glue pen covered up the shading I did but I think kids always like sparkle.)
This photo shows the use of another colored sheet of Whimsy slimline paper.  It changes the look a bit but I think it will still be attractive to the boys.  Beneath the card is the back of the other card which shows the  corner gift card holder made from the Lawn Fawn die.  The words (from the Halloween fox set) used on these cards were stamped and then cut out with Whimsy label dies. Usually I make my own slimline envelopes, but I was so happy to discover slimline envelopes at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  There were several colors including black, kraft and white with speckles.  I chose the speckled one because it seemed the most 'Halloweeny'. LOL!  "Trick O' Treat to all kids big and small!"

 

3 comments:

yyam said...

Awww...these are adorable!

Annette Allen said...

what a cute card... love all those little critters.

Rajan Mhatre said...

I appreciate the way you have presented the subject matter especially in providing sufficient information on the methods to be used in analysing the needs of a particular group of employees. Thank you!
Visit us for standee.