Friday, August 5, 2022

Welcome Baby Girl Pop-Up Card

I love pop-up cards so of course I had to get the I-Crafter one that Joy (Joy of Crafting) introduced on her show.  The base of the card is similar to the Lawn Fawn one that I showed several posts ago.  However, this one is easier to assemble.  Both pop-up platforms work but I think the LF one is a little more pleasing to my eye and has a better way to hold up the add-ons.  For this pop-up card I used a double sided printed paper, die-cut pieces and stickers from my stash of 'baby stuff'.
This side view gives a glimpse at how the card is constructed. The stickers were adhered to leftover pieces of the printed card stock and then fussy cut before gluing them to the paper stakes. Little ribbon bows add a bit of  soft dimension.
By backing all of the pieces with the same printed pink card stock helps to make the back look unified.  I had to make a simple matching blank card to write a message because there is no space on the pop-up card.  
Amazingly, the whole pop-up card folds up and fits into a standard sized envelope for mailing.  For a  first attempt at this particular platform pop-up card I think it turned out fairly decent. I am including a photo of the card expanded so that the recipient can see how the card should look.  I don't think it will be too hard for the new parents. They had to assemble a crib right? 


 

1 comment:

eunice said...

I was surprised and pleased to see the i crafter brand of interactive card dies at HM Ben Franklin this weekend. So many really neat dies from i crafter that I've been wanting to get but hate spending the extra dollars for shipping. Your Welcome Baby card turned out looking absolutely adorable! Love these pop up platform cards! Love even more that dies are available now to make them easy to make!