Friday, June 9, 2023

Easy Floral Candy Lei


I needed leis for my twin grandsons who are graduating from pre-school. Because they are five, I knew that they would prefer a candy lei over a floral one. However, candy leis tend to be very heavy (too heavy to be comfortable for a young graduate).  Also candy leis never really look festive like floral leis do. My compromise was to combine an artificial floral lei with poly tubing containing edible treats.  The green and blue fake floral leis (other colors available) were purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts as were the curling ribbon and poly tubing.  I filled the poly tubing with small treats (tiny cat chocolates, mini puff rice candy, small chestnut manju, and tiny gummy candy). These were Asian sweets individually wrapped, so the leis were lightweight and sanitary.  Instead of a fluffy bow, I tied on a Pokemon character so that there will be a graduation gift which will remain after the goodies are consumed.   I really like these lei creations because they perfectly suit the recipients and were easy to make. Congrats Graduates! 

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

These leis for your grandson's turned out great. This is a wonderful idea especially for graduations off island when we can't be there in person. Wish I could have thought of doing this too!