Sunday, January 14, 2024

Strawberry Shaker Birthday Card

I bought the Lawn Fawn strawberry frame because I wanted to use it to make a strawberry shaker element.  I'm not sure what the frame was supposed to be used for...perhaps it goes with one of the other LF stamp sets.  Anyway, I cut two red sheet foam strawberry frames and one red card stock one.  I glued (Beacon 3 in 1 Fabri-Tac) some clear acetate behind the card stock frame and trimmed around it.  Then I glued the two foam frames together and glued them onto some red card stock before trimming around the strawberry.  Next, I added the heart confetti (from Hm BFC) to the recessed area and then glued on the framed acetate strawberry.  Finally I die cut the leaves and stem and glued them to the strawberry shaker.  A sweet, crafty friend (that's you, Karen) sent me the Lawn Fawn stamp set and I couldn't wait to use it.  I thought the little mice with strawberries would look super cute with the giant shaker strawberry. The mice were easily stamped, colored with Copic pens and cut out before adhering them to the card with adhesive foam dots. I tried several die cut Happy Birthday words but none of them seemed to fit so I finally went with a birthday tag I had in my stash.  Using Heiko skinny rainbow colored ribbon added an extra pop of color and movement.  Because this card is for an older person, I chose an appropriate saying and stamped the message inside the card.  I KNOW the card looks like it was designed for a child but the recipient IS young at heart! (P.S. the shaker strawberry would be fun on a Valentine's Day card, too.)
 

No comments: