Quite awhile ago, I purchased two plastic screw on lidded banks from Daiso . I knew I wanted to decorate them (so plain) but I didn't have any ideas. Finally after a long time, I decided to decorate them for two cat loving boys. I wanted the coin slot to be hidden so I reversed the banks. However, then the designs on the clear body of the banks were upside-down. I solved the problem by gluing some bumpy grey yarn around the body of the banks. Now the banks sort of look like cat scratching posts. LOL!
I am pleased with the outcome of the banks. They are not only useful, colorful and cute but they feel so furry and cat-like. Perhaps the best part is that the banks don't look like banks (kids love to hide their money) and can be used to hide other special items. If you can't find the banks for sale at Daiso you might be able to repurpose a Talenti ice cream jar (similar shape). Anyway, have fun creating your own personalized bank as a gift or for yourself!




No comments:
Post a Comment