Friday, December 28, 2007

Recycle! Write those 'Thank You' Notes!

Dec. 28, 2007
Recycle! Write those thank you notes!

Do you still have all your Christmas wrapping supplies, rubber stamps, etc. all over the house? Before you put them away, why not make gift tags for next year? I was so happy that I took the time to make tags for this year at the end of last year. Wrapping up my gifts this year was a snap and I was proud to give gifts with handmade tags even if the gift was store-bought. I saved the prettiest wrappers and ribbons from my gifts to recycle into new tags. Now is the time to use up your leftover Christmas rub-ons and stickers. Usually I use tag shaped paper punches, but just cutting with decorative scissors will make your tags look special. Sometimes gluing snippets of ribbons and glittery paper scraps are all you need to do to make one-of-a-kind tags or cards. This year I ended up with lots of ribbons that were just too short to wrap another gift, so I think I’ll turn them into book mark tags and give them with books next year.
I hope that you’re getting started on sending written thank you notes….. e-mail thank yous are not good enough for someone who spent time and money to find you the perfect gift. I love the new Christmas line of 12 x12 papers and cardstock by My Mind’s Eye. They have a vintage distressed look and should make beautiful thank you note cards. I think it is fine to use Christmas rubber stamps and embellishments on Christmas thank you notes. Even though you’re probably all Christmased out, I suggest taking advantage of all the after Christmas sales and make a few things for next year. Don’t forget to buy craft supplies to make scrapbook pages of this year’s holiday season. In years to come, you’ll wish you had done more to preserve your memories.

Lynn

No comments: