Saturday, April 5, 2008

Back Home

I’ve been away on two trips. The first one was to Washington during Easter. I only visited one craft related store, Impress, (a rubber stamp shop). It was a small store but I still found several stamps and embellishments that were new to me. There were lots of silhouette stamps, many with birds or New Orleans style. I’ve noticed that many magazines are featuring silhouette designs on their projects. I’m having fun making cards with my new treasures and I’ll try to post them soon.
In Honolulu I visited the Mapunapuna Ben Franklin Crafts. Of course, I stopped at the Bead Shoppe first where I purchased pearls in new shapes and large sizes. I was pleased to see that the store had strands of gemstone beads similar to other bead shops but at greatly reduced prices. Some of the cutest beads I found was a strand of polymer mouse beads. I’m not sure what I’ll do with them but I just couldn’t resist buying them.
At the BFC store I found some unique clear albums and instruction booklets, new K and Co. papers (colorful children prints) and kits (punch out purses and boxes), a rotary letter stamp from Provo Craft, and beautiful Bohemia papers and embellishments from My Mind’s Eye. As I make projects with these new items I will post photos and instructions on this website.

It’s good to be home again,
Lynn

No comments: