Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter Cell Phone Straps

As promised, here is the project I made with the Easter egg and butterfly crystal beads I purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts. I was surprised when I took the beads off the monofilament and discovered that they were actually glass beads of good quality. I thought that the egg beads were only heavy plastic, so I was extremely pleased with the value. I've purchased handmade glass beads with cupcakes on them before and paid more for one bead than I did for the whole strand from BFC. Actually I don't think they are supposed to be Easter eggs but don't they look really Eastery? The pink crystal butterflies don't show up well in the photo, but if you look carefully you can see them. I wanted to use the chocolate shop decoration that I bought from the Complete Kitchen in Kahala Mall as a display. Isn't it just too cute? I will put this project on the craft club website (www.bfcraftclub@aol.com) even though I have posted other similar projects because there is one feature of this cell phone strap that is different from the purse pulls I explained before. Okay, that's all for today. Please visit this blog site again for more Easter craft ideas and information about an upcoming contest.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Easter cell phone straps Lynn! I saw that display at the Compleat Kitchen too. So cute!

Veronica Legaspi said...

I really like this one Mrs.K. I made some samples for our bead shop but with its monofiliament form, something to show our customers a quick and easy way to make a cutsie bracelet. Ive thought about just using the cupcakes and adding along other beads with it.