Sunday, March 7, 2010

Graduation Bracelet Lei

For the last few years I've tried to make bracelet leis for graduation. What's a bracelet lei? Well, it's my name for a beaded bracelet that looks like a lei. Graduates often get so many flower leis at graduation time that it becomes a problem to decide what to do with all of them. Especially with many graduates unable to take their leis to grad night, it seems a shame to let them wither and die. For this reason, every year I try to design a new bracelet lei (for the girl graduates) which they can wear to grad night and keep forever as a momento of this milestone in their lives. This year I saw and bought a bracelet at a craft fair, which I thought I could adapt into a bracelet lei. I was able to design something that I was pleased with (see photo) but it was too complicated. Because of the many bracelets I will be making this year I need to keep the design simple. I was going to turn this bracelet into a project, but I don't think I can explain it easily. Anyway this was what I was struggling with for a few days. I think I'll go back to paper crafting for awhile until I can come up with a new bracelet lei design. Thanks for visiting this blog site today. Come back soon.

No comments: