Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Treat Bag Toppers

I recently discovered the Fumi and Yumi rubber stamp line.  These wide-eyed, cherub faced images are adorable and made perfect bag toppers.  (I ordered the stamps online from Yumi and Fumi Handmade - http://yumifumihandmade.com/) and the service was excellent.) I began with the Halloween decorated paper bags (back and front designs differ) I purchased from the Celebrations store (near the Mapunapuna Ben Franklin Crafts).  I determined the size of paper (marker pen paper from BFC) I needed (in this case 2-3/4" x 5") and marked the halfway point.  Next I stamped the images so that the heads were in the upper half of the toppers. I colored the stamped images with Copic pens and used a craft knife plus scissors to cut out just the heads of the images.
After folding the topper so the head popped up, I used Martha Stewart Halloween adhesive borders in the back to cover the cut out (dust the exposed sticky surface of borders with cornstarch so that the toppers will not stick to themselves).  To cover the back of the image heads (because the ink bled through) I cut and glued on scraps of white paper.
I glued on the word banners ( K and Co.) which I found in my stash of Halloween stuff, but I'm sure that you can locate lots of suitable printed words or rubber stamps at BFC.  The final step for these easy Halloween treat bag toppers is of course to fill them and staple them shut.  Have a cute and safe Halloween  in blogland!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

OMG Lynn!!! These are so awesome!! I love how you created the bags and added Fumi Panda and Chasezilla to the tops!! These are totally fun and super cute!! I am so happy you like the service you received too.
Mahalo for sharing your cute creations. I hope you get a chance to play in our challenges too and join our Facebook group.
Thanks for sharing!!
;)

Cheryl said...

Cute little treat bags Lynn! Those stamp images are adorable!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh how sweet treat bags Lynn!
TFs - enjoy your Friday and crafty new weekend!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word how totally adorable...I love love love these...

Migdalia said...

Adorable Treat bags!!New Follower!

Celebrations said...

Awesome stuff Lynn! You made those bags look even cuter . . .

eunice said...

Super KAWAII! Fab idea to use the adorable stamped images to make Halloween bag toppers...they turned out so adorable...love them!