Saturday, October 27, 2012

One Last Halloween Card

I just had to make one last card before putting away my Halloween supplies for this year.  This card was made for my 'scientist' son.  The six stamps used on this card (there were more in the set) came from Viva Las Vegas Stamps in the form of an unmounted rubber sheet (very economical).  Before beginning the card, I mounted the stamps on a EZ Mount backing (available at Ben Franklin Crafts) and cut them out separately.  I used a Sierra Pacific kraft paper card for the base (also from BFC).  Simple stamping with the use of paper masks (to prevent ink from getting on some areas) and a piece of acetate to give the illusion of glass was all it took to make this scientifically scary card. The Einstein caricature on the inside of the card has a hand-drawn bubble that will be used to write a personal message.  I hope my son will get a chuckle from this Halloween card made just for him.   Happy Halloween to everyone in blogland!


3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn,
Bet your son will get a kick from you cool and spooky card. LOVE IT!!! I've been to Viva Las Vegas stamps before and WHOA they had what seemed like thousands of stamps in their little store yah?
Hope you have a relaxing and crafty weekend.

Annette Allen said...

hehe love how...a great Halloween card to be your last for the year...totally love it..

Tammi said...

This is perfect for him, it's awesome! Wonder if he watches Once Upon a Time, he'd of gotten a kick out of the last episode! :) Lynn thank you so much for your sweet comment, what a nice thing to say...I love your unique and wonderful creations too! Big hugs to you!