Thursday, April 4, 2013

Imagine That!

When I first saw the Tim Holtz word bands, I was immediately drawn to the meaningful sayings. I wondered what to do with the metal bands and purchased them even though I didn't have a clue what I would craft.  Once at home I decided that I would really love some jewelry that included the thoughtful words.  Using my Beadsmith pliers (see bottom photo), I gradually shaped the metal band into a curved shape.  It is a really sturdy band so it does take a bit of muscle and time to get the gentle curve.
Actually the first bracelet I made with the TH product was the bracelet with the plain suede strap. After slipping the strap into the side openings of the metal band, it was easy work to at a bit of glue and squish the metal ends in place.  A swivel lobster clasp was added and the bracelet was done.
To add a little feminine charm, I added some Vintaj charms and semi-precious beads. The second version of the bracelet (the first photo) was made using Beadalon Greek cord. A simple four-strand braid makes the straps fancier.
Sometimes if you really love a certain craft product but don't know what to make with it, you should just buy it anyway.  It's amazing how your brain will think about it for awhile (sometimes months or years) and suddenly come up with a perfect solution.  Well, imagine that!  You DO have a creative imagination!

9 comments:

Joy said...

I totally agree, when in doubt buy it anyway becasue you'll always think of something. I bought these ahile back, too, for the cover of one of my journals and for jewelry making, too. I also made a bracelet but I used chain. See, I knew we liked similar stuff!

Creations by Shirl said...

These are pretty neat, reminds me when I was in high school many moons ago and these types were so popular....
TFS Lynn!

Annette Allen said...

these are a great Tim Holtz product.. i love the bracelets and the sentiment on them is just so fun..

Unknown said...

LOL Lynn I LOVE your thinking! I'd need a second job though if I bought everything I liked...hehehe. Such a fun project...love the charm with the bead. Nice added touch!

Cheryl said...

You are so clever to use it for a bracelet! I would of never thought of that but then again, I don't make jewelry. Have a great weekend!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn,
Wow, these are great! You are one heck of a clever crafter. Love how they all turned out and the sentiments are really nice.

cheap nfl nike jerseys said...

You are awesome! Great bracelet!

eunice said...

Wow! I am totally impressed with these bracelets, Lynn. Your creative brain is just amazing to come up with this. I'm pretty sure I would never have thought of using these to make jewelry...what a great idea!

Tammi said...

You are so talented! I love this idea, the bracelts are wonderful and I like the bit of charms you placed by the sentiment. Beautifully done!