Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Faux Vintage Postcard Thanksgiving Greeting Card


I really like vintage postcards and dies that turn paper into interactive cards so of course when I saw this new Sizzix die at Ben Franklin Crafts, I knew I wanted to pair it with the vintage Thanksgiving paper from a pad of Tim Holtz all occasion sheets.  The trouble with the paper was that it lined up the postcards in a row. This seemed too boring so I cut three of the postcards out and angled and glued them on a piece of scrap paper before cutting them with the inner part of the die. With a little hand trimming I glued the patchwork postcards to the die cut card.

Next I smudged the edges of the center piece with Inca Gold cream paste and used stick glue to adhere Stampendous gold Fran-tage embossing powder before melting with a heat gun. I lightly sprayed over the melted embossing powder with Mister Huey's gold. The final step for the front was to glue (3 in 1 Beacon)
on a sprig of an artificial garland that was rubbed first with a little Inca gold paste.
on a sprig  of an artificial .

After gluing on the artificial sprig, the card became top heavy so I die cut another card from a printed Kraft paper (Graphic 45) and taped (Merikan double stick) it to the back of the card, trimming out the inner part first.
The sentiment was stamped on an altered tag that was die cut from a piece of textured yellow card stock.  After stamping, the edges were rubbed with Distress ink ( Tim Holtz dauber) and embossed with gold Fran-tage.


All of these supplies used on this card  were purchased from (House Mart) Ben Franklin Crafts.  At first I intended to just use this card for a greeting but after making another similar one, I realized that they would make great table centerpieces.  Please return to this blog site to see what I mean.  I think you'll like this idea to spruce up your Thanksgiving table.  See you soon!

3 comments:

eva said...

lots of steps to create this pretty card! i really got to try the frantage! looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Nice! You're really changing my mind about the vintage look. Love the embellies.

Leanne said...

love it Lynn!! I have those dies and have yet to figure out how they work. hahaha! i need to find me some frantage too! beautiful project, thanks for sharing!
:)