Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pilgrim Thanksgiving Card Plus Centerpiece Idea

Here is another card made with a postcard panel from a 12x12 Tim Holtz all occasion pad, using the Sizzix Flip-It Scallop Square die (purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts).  This is what the die cut card looks like flat for mailing.
This photo shows a close-up of the crackled scallop edge that I made using Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint (antique linen).  After the paint dried,I rubbed on some TH distress ink (dauber) and Metallic Lustre. to emphasize the crackle. For the bright gold edge of the postcard I simply applied (with my finger....real hi-tech) some Inca Gold paste paint.
The Flip-It feature of the die allows the card to stand up for display.  Adding some faux turkey feathers made the card more interesting without extra weight.
I found an old Hero Arts stamp which had an appropriate sentiment. To age the panel I sanded the edges and rubbed on more Metallic Lustre and sprayed some gold Mister Huey.
This card had to be backed because I got it so wet with spraying and painting that the card warped and split apart at the folds.  To fix this problem I taped the card together before adhering the die cut backing with Merikan double stick tape.
These are some of the supplies I used to make this card.  Most if not all the products used were from House Mart Ben Franklin Crafts.

 The two faux  postcard Flip-It cards (see previous post) can be paired together with artificial garlands (from BFC) to make a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.  If you have a really big table you can make several cards and angle the images/sentiments so every guests has something pretty/inspirational to look at during dinner. If appropriate, some of the panels could include photos of the guests during previous Thanksgiving celebrations.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog site during this busy time of the year.  I hope I have given you ideas to help make your holiday season a beautifully crafted one. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow love your vintage take on your project..... So festive...

Leanne said...

Wow oh wow Lynn!! These vintage cards are gorgeous. This idea is fantastic!
^.^