Thursday, June 19, 2014

Locker Box: A Business Opportunity



Have you ever thought of selling your crafts but couldn't find the right venue?  By now, many crafters have heard that HouseMart Ben Franklin Crafts has a locker box program which might just be the way for you to sell your crafts and manage a small business.  You simply go to one of the BFC stores in Hawaii and apply to rent a 18 x 18 clear acrylic locker box and you can start stocking your merchandise.  Every month you pay $30,$40, or $50 depending on the location of the box and you are responsible to pay tax on your sales.

Here are three views of my locker box in the Hilo Ben Franklin Crafts.  As you can see I have a variety of items stuffed (LOL!) into my little box.  

I struggle keeping my box replenished because the items are very different from what I make for this blog and there never seems to be enough time to do it all. Setting up a mini store requires learning many new skills like bookkeeping, display spatial analysis, marketing, etc. but it is an exciting challenge.

Here is a close up view of the latest additions to my locker box.  The items in the front are macaron clothes pin clips.
These are the resin candy rings (real candy inside!) that I just completed and will place in my box in a few days.  I hope that you will stop and look at the locker boxes in your local Ben Franklin Crafts.  I think you will be surprised and tempted by the amazing items for sale at reasonable prices.  Maybe you are a crafter who desires to take a small step into running your own business; renting a locker box at BFC can be your start.  Happy Crafting!





5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun are those candy rings with REAL candy inside! I love looking at those lockers...so much creativity!

Creations by Shirl said...

Something for all those wanna be crafter's to think about. Great idea and super way of showcasing everyone's talents to others that might want to follow in their ventures. They are so many crafty people here on the BI they need to showcase their projects on the blog and on etsy too.. LOL!

Leanne said...

What a great idea for those just starting out and wanting to find ways to get started. Those rings are awesome!! Its so awesome that BFC is helping crafters get that start. Wonderful!! Happy post!

yyam said...

Oh wow. Your locker box looks really good! Cheers to great sales!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, I love the locker box idea, Lynn! You make the prettiest jewellery and I love those little sweets pins and photo clips!