Thursday, September 18, 2014

Resin Heart Pendant

I made this resin heart pendant a while ago but couldn't decide on how to fashion it into a necklace, so I put it aside.  Then one day I thought of the acronym my husband always tells me, 'K.I.S.S.'    Some would say that it means, 'Keep It Simple Stupid' but my hubby says the last 's' stands for  'sweetheart'.  Anyway, I opted for a silk ribbon that slips in the pendant loop and ties around my neck. I think it looks simple yet elegant.
To make this pendant, I cut a length of faux rhinestone chain to make a heart shape.  I adhered it to a piece of clear packing tape and then added a layer of UVresin.  After setting the resin with a UV light, I added the rose printed acetate piece and more resin.  Once the resin is totally set and of the height desired, peel the pendant off the tape.  Because one of the faux gems was slightly discolored, I used metal jewelry glue to adhere the Vintaj bird.  This was a happy accident which I really think makes the pendant special.
You can find all of the supplies for this project at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I think I will make more of this type of pendant because it was easy, inexpensive and looks very shabby-chic vintage.  I hope that you will give this technique a try and perhaps create many of your own Christmas gifts.  Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you will visit this blog again, soon.

2 comments:

yyam said...

Really pretty! :)

Leanne said...

wow! another amazing project. the bird looks like it is landing inside it's nest. gorgeous work Lynn! your hubby got it right. ;)