Friday, October 31, 2014

Vintage Style Card and Happy Halloween Winner

 Last year I made a bunch of vintage style Halloween cards so this year I decided not to do any....until I saw the Impression Obsession stamp and of course I had to get it.  This stamp is so gorgeous and it has a cat!  What I like the most about it is because it has all the shadows drawn in I didn't have to do any shading.  Yup, I just applied the Copic markers like I was doing a coloring book page.  Except for the black sparkle cardstock, all the papers and stickers were Authentique products(from my stash). To call attention to the cat in the pumpkin I decorated it with Martha Stewart black sparkle flocking(from a set). I think this really was the perfect embellishment (sorry, it doesn't show up well in the photo).
 I stamped the image in dark brown Momento ink but thought that the black ink looked better on the card.  Rather than discard the colored image I decided to turn it into a Project Life card (with a tab). The printed kraft paper is from a Tim Holtz 12x12 Halloween pad and the typed sentiment strip was the label cut off the 12x12 Authentique cardstock...yes I love to use up scraps!  Funny that the sentiment is the same one  found on a sheet of stickers and used inside the card.
On the Project Life card I tested out more of the Zig Wink of Stella. I really love the effect of the colors on the leaves (too subtle to see in a photo) and I definitely plan to use them on future autumn and Christmas projects.  The pens can be purchased singly, but the three pen sets are the best buys. Both the pens and MS flocking set were obtained at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.

Okay, time to announce the winner of my 'How many trick-o-treaters?' contest (see previous post).  Last year we had '0' trick-o-treaters knocking at our door.  I guess our house is too spooky looking...LOL!   Anyway, congratulations to Rylex who had the closest guess of 28! (Rylex, please send your mailing address to this email address: Lsakami@aol.com and I will mail you some crafty prizes.) Thank you to the readers who ventured to participate in my contest. Happy Halloween Everyone!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That's a really cool vintage Halloween card. The pumpkin sure looks spooky with the cute black kitty. Awesome card!!!

Leanne said...

Wow! That is a really cool Halloween card. Love the details and how you used the other card to make the PL card. Great idea!