Saturday, May 7, 2016

Dog Lover Thank You Card

 I recently received an unexpected gift from the sister of my brother-in-law.  Although I don't know her well, I do know that she loves dogs, so I decided to make her a dog-themed thank you card.  I started with some printed card stock from the 8x8 DCWV The Pets Stack.  Since the paper looked like it was pieced together, I didn't have to do anything more except add the stamped (Lawn Fawn) and colored (Copic pens) doggies.  The 'thanks' was stamped (Paper Smooches) in gold and heat embossed with gold powder onto the Paper Smooches die cut speech bubble.
To make the card even more special, I decided to stamp something cute on the back.  I chose a Dandelion Designs dog with a card image and added a MSE sentiment.
Of course whenever I have leftover scraps I try to make a tag...once all the craft stuff are out . . . why not?  For this one, I simply cut out the tag and added (with foam dots) some dogs die cut with an Impression Obsession set. Adding a Heiko (from Celebrations) fiber ribbon completed the tag which went into my emergency stash.
I think making a special handcrafted thank you card really shows your gratefulness.  I hope this one conveys my thoughts.  Thanks for stopping by.  Did you enjoy this post? Love to hear from you.

1 comment:

yyam said...

Awwww....so cute! Love that you create a specific themed card for your recipient...that's so thoughtful!

Hope all is well with you Lynn!