Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Washing Machine Tags and New Products for Coloring Enthusiasts

 
 
 This washing machine image from Lawn Fawn (set available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) was begging to be made into a shaker tag....so I made it and filled it with sequins and diamonds from the Queen and Co. 'Toppings' collection which can be purchased at BFC.  In the back of this tag I stamped a sentiment that came with the LF set.  The soft cling stamps allowed me to curve the words on the acrylic block so they could be stamped to fit on the back of the washer tag.
 

 Here is another version of the tag with words stamped inside the shaker.  I love the cute faces that you can stamp on the clothing before putting them in the washer.  The circles were cut with one of the circle dies from the Sizzix circle die set. I used two layers of thin foam sheets to make a deep recess for the shaker.  The washing machine was lightly stamped on the foam sheets so I would know where to place the circle die before running it through my Big Shot machine.
 
 
Although the photo below does not relate to the washing machine tag, I wanted to show the new coloring items I found at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The recent craze of adult coloring books has finally evolved into something more practical and less time consuming.  There are boxed sets of assorted greeting cards, a variety of bookmarks and packs of tags to be colored with the medium of your choice.  The designs are great and would make wonderful take-along projects for long summer trips.  I like that the finished products are actually usable and can be given away proudly to show off coloring skills. Go check them out at BFC! Happy summer crafting!

 



3 comments:

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Lynn, your tags are so cute!. The one with the missing sock is so fun! Thanks also for the heads up on the new coloring products, good to keep in mind for gift giving.

yyam said...

How cute are these! I love that you made them shaker tags...extra fun!

Annette Allen said...

oh my how totally fun.. yay for shakers