Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Panda Message Tags

 This panda message tag to hang on a bag or box was inspired by one I saw in Japan.  The Japanese one featured a cat and was a notepad of hanging message tags. I purchased the Taj wooden panda stamp from Taj Clubhouse in Ward Center.  I first stamped the image on sturdy watercolor paper, colored the cheeks, and cut it out.  Next I made a rectangle from the same watercolor paper and glued the top-half of the panda onto the top of the rectangle. I cut around the top half of the panda and that was it!  A message can be written on the tag before it is hung on a bag or box. Later the tag can be re-purposed as a bookmark.
 This popcorn box container was purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts (party department) and came in a set of five.  The 'thanks' letters were cut from a printed scrap using the Hero Arts Fancy Letter Dies.  I'm not sure where the sweet treat label came from...it was just in a messy pile on my desk....heeheehee!
 If you make a bunch of these tags you will be ready to give an impromptu gift to anyone.  I'm sure that you can find many stamps with suitable images for this project.  Happy gift giving!

3 comments:

yyam said...

The panda is soooooo cute! Great as a message tag...sure to put a smile on the recipient's face!

Shirley N said...

Ohhhh, I love your panda bookmark/tag Lynn! It is just adorable, thanks for the inspiration!

eunice said...

Awww....this is SO ADORABLE! What a totally NEAT idea, Lynn! Gonna hafta pin this one so I'll remember to do one like this next time I need a quickie idea for decorating a gift. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!