Monday, July 18, 2016

Quick and Easy Mini Travel Album

 I couldn't believe how quickly this mini album came together.  The Sizzix die set, Essential MIni Album, had all the parts to die cut  the pages, spine, and page decorations.
 Perhaps the hardest part was choosing the printed card stock.  The DCWV Travel Stack made the deciding a little easier because they all sort of coordinated. I chose turquoise Paper Accent card stock to do the basic album. The dies even cut out the holes to string the ribbon!  Sometimes it is a blessing to have boxes of ribbons to chose from because it is exciting to find just the 'right' one for a project. (All you hoarders don't be ashamed.)
I put some printed card stock on the inner pages to add embellishments, photos and trip ephemera like ticket stubs. Of course I left some pages plain for journaling. The slide frames on the cover were only tacked down and will probably be filled in with some mini photos or perhaps the trip dates and destination. I am planning to take an erasable pen and a mini double stick tape dispenser on my trip so I can fill in my album as I travel. Often when I return from a trip I am pooped and forget the details of what we saw and did....old age...LOL!  I hope that you will shop at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and invest in this Sizzix die set. I know that you will find many uses for it besides a travel album.  It might be useful for making a mini recipe collection or a gardening journal with pockets for seeds.  Happy Creative Crafting!

No comments: