Thursday, July 20, 2017

Romantic Seaside Step Card

 As promised in my last post, here is another version of the step card made with the Sizzix die set.  This time I was going for an island vacation feel with romantic undertones (suitable for an anniversary card but not girly).  The base was cut from a 12x12 sheet from the Sage and Grace cardstock pack.  This Kaiser Crafts pack (purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) contains both rustic and floral designs which makes it very versatile.
It was super easy to glue on torn bits of gauze paper (DCWV pack) smudged with a bit of gesso and add die cuts from the Kaiser Crafts Island Escape die cut package.
To further enhance the tropical look I stained some shell shaped wooden pieces (Sierra Pacific and Kaiser Crafts) and used Glossy Accents (Ranger) to glue on fine crystal glitter. Tiny genuine shells added a realistic touch of the seaside without overly weighing down the card. Finally, I added the sentiments stickers that came from the 12x12 papcket of Sage and Grace (Kaiser Crafts) papers.
 I like this view of the card (slightly opened) because all the embellishments can be viewed. It was so easy and fun to make this step card; I think I will make another one with a unicorn theme!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Shirley N said...

Great inspiration for a bride to give to her husband after coming home from their memorable tropical honeymoon, sigh. I didn't know there was such a thing as gauze paper, Lynn! TFS!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, this is soooooo cool. I totally LOVE it.

Annette Allen said...

what an awesome card.. i love that it is tropical. very creative