Saturday, July 8, 2017

Sweet Baby Card



As soon as I saw the Pebbles 'duckie' cardstock at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I knew that it would make a really cute baby card for a baby boy soon to be born.  Since I was at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I chose some matching Pebbles puffy stickers and another sheet of puffy Sticko stickers.  With the Taylored Expressions and Echo Park die sets, it was easy to cut out the frame from blue card stock and the words from pearlized cardstock (Paper Accents).  To add a little color behind the stickers I added die cut printed paper from an Echo Park cardstock pad. I used double stick Heiko tape to adhere the larger pieces and on the tiny strips of the frame I used Glossy Accents. (This is actually not a glue but works well on small pieces because of the small nozzle on the applicator.  Tip: If there are shiny spots after the solution dries, just apply some cornstarch.) This card came together very quickly and yet it looks like I spent a lot of time constructing it. Keeping cards simple is my new mantra because so many recipients don't even notice that they are handmade.  Do my lovingly made cards get thrown away with the wrapping paper???????

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a sweet and cute baby card. Congrats to the parents-to-be. They'll be tickled with your adorable card.

yyam said...

Awwww..this is really cute!