Thursday, February 8, 2018

Birthday Girl to the Moon

 Recently, I received a Santoro die set. I decided to use it to make a birthday card for my sister. I thought it was the usual die set that I would use to cut out stamped images, however, this die set was designed to cut out parts and paper piece them together. It was fairly easy and I could use my own patterned paper for the dress so it would match the background of the card.  I'm still experimenting with the Color Burst powders and Liquid Metals so the watercolor paper background turned out darker than I wanted it to be...oh well, I'll keep playing.
Metallic Sticko balloon and heart stickers were used inside and outside the card.  The moon was colored with yellow metallic liquid and stamped with a Studio G stamp. To pretty up the envelope I added Doodlebug Designs washi tape. I hope my sister will like her birthday card....she's lucky to have a b-day so near to Valentine's Day...I can find so many cute heart shaped items for her!

No comments: