Sunday, February 4, 2018

Soy Mates Calendar Card

 This card base is actually the reverse of the previously posted calendar card.  Silly me, I cut the card base with the pattern side upside down so I decided not to waste the card stock...waste not ,want not! I just folded it inside out and designed around the mistake.  To fit with the soy and sushi theme, I combined the Mama Elephant Nom Nom Kitties stamp set and dies with the soy bottle from the Lawn Fawn's 'Let's Roll' stamp set.
The words on the card came from a Doodlebug Designs 'Chit Chat' die cut package that was sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts near the 12x12 Valentine papers.  The heart-shaped paper clips are from my stash of Valentine stuff.  I decorated the clips with epoxy heart buttons also from my stash....I love heart shaped items!  Notice how the clips can be used on the card front for decoration and then moved once the card is propped up to show the calendar. I think the clips will be good for holding little notes or reminders.  Okay, that's it for the saved calendar card....nothing wasted!

No comments: