Monday, August 6, 2018

Fan and Cherry Blossom Gatefold Card with Resin Charm

This card was made in a hurry because I just returned from Japan and realized I needed a birthday card and something to post.  As you can see, I am still in a Japanese frame of mind.  I started by impressing the 6x6 Paper Accents gatefold card (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) with a geometric design TCW stencil (also from BFC), Then I dusted the impressed design with pink chalk and die cut the Inspire fan.
I cut a panel of Photo Play cherry blossom card stock to fit inside of the card and used double stick tape to attach it.  I used the Avery Elle girl and cherry blossom branch stamps with the matching dies. The girl was cut from pink card stock and her face was stamped and colored in. The kimono and obi were paper pieced from origami paper and her hair was enhanced with Glossy Accent. The cherry blossom branch was added behind the girl to give some dimension.  The lavender 'happy birthday' label was made with an old stamp from my stash.  To make the large pink vellum cherry blossom (for writing my birthday greeting)I punched out a circle and then folded it into six triangles (like making a snowflake) and hand cut the petal shape through all the folds.
Here is a close up of the resin charm (sorry poor photo) I made using a cherry blossom mold.  There are assorted inclusions including a pearl, metal flowers, mica glitter and a printed acetate flower.  The charm is attached to the die cut fan which with Velcro tabs on the right side is the closure for the card. I wanted to give the card recipient a small gift of a purse charm with the card to let her know that I wish her a very special "Happy Birthday"!

3 comments:

yyam said...

Such a sweet card.

Hope you had fun in Japan!

Barbara said...

In our simple life, love plays a very specific role. Now we are able to make your love life healthy and no space for any type of trouble. These all are possible with the help of Dr. EKPEN of SOLUTION TEMPLE. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back within 48hours who left me for another woman. You can also contact him on EKPENTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or add him on WHATSAPP +2347050270218 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.

Great Abolo said...

Are you having issues in your relationship, or finding it difficult to have a child of your own or are you the type having any diseases in your body. I will advice you to contact Dr. Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com . The potency of his spell is so effective and can reunite broken relationship and can also make one get pregnant know matter the situation and not only that, he also has the power to cure all type of diseases within the period of 48hours.. Contact him today and thank me later.

Contact details : Abolospell@gmail.com