Friday, October 26, 2018

Autumn Blessings Card

Even though many dogs think squirrels are annoying, I think they are adorable. When I saw this squirrel stamp in a freebie set from a card making magazine, I just HAD to buy the magazine. 
I paired the Copic colored squirrel image with a Sizzix die cut of barren trees. The trees look pretty realistic because I used a woodgrain print card stock.  For the sunset background I used Ranger Distress Oxide Inks and sprayed the watercolor paper generously with water.  For a little sparkle, I used a stiff brush to flick on some gold ink.
Here is a better look at the gold flecks which I also added to the Little B die cut leaves.  I now appreciate Mother Nature more as it took lots of color adjustments to get the leaves to look realistic.
A little Crystal Lacquer on the acorns gave them a nuttier appearance....see the squirrel is smiling! I hope this card make you think about your Autumn Blessings and look forward to blessings all year.

1 comment:

yyam said...

Love what you did with the leaves! Great fall card!

P/s: I sometimes buy stuff for the free gift too...*LOL*