Saturday, November 3, 2018

Autumn Hostess Gift Calendar Box

 I love recycling because I can't bear to throw out perfectly good containers.  This project started with an empty box of Diamond Head cookies.  It was simple work to cover the box with faux marbled paper from a Paper House 12x12 pad.  A decorated box makes a great hostess gift (definitely needed for holiday parties) when filled with homemade baked goods or beauty products.
 To enhance the look of an old Venetian paper mache box, I rubbed Viva Inka- Gold paste (HM BFC may not have this brand any more but it should carry some other rub-on metallic paste.) along the edges of the box, on the artificial autumn leaves, and over the wooden word on the top of the box.
 I had the wooden 'gather' in my stash of autumn stuff and it seemed just right for the top of the box. One of my stamp sets had an Emily Bonte quote which I thought was perfect attached to the box back.
I haven't ordered my mini calendars from Vippies yet, so I used the last pages of a 2018 calendar.  I thought that a calendar was a good addition to the box which when empty can make an elegant desk holder for memo pads, paper clips, etc.  I hope that you will recycle what you can and craft something that will give pleasure to someone. Autumn blessings to you for recycling!



1 comment:

DorothyBunce said...

My box includes several everyday tips for my good view. I am talking about the cosmetics of https://www.alyaka.com/ilia-beauty-all-of-me-watermelon-multi-stick/ level. My favorite deal in summer is testing new items and looking for new collections. That is the reason I am happy to work with them.