Monday, November 19, 2018

Japanese Scenery Hanging Calendars

 As you can see I am still making hanging calendars except this set was made using some Japanese scenery stamps I purchases ages ago from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  (I just received my order of 2019 Vippies calendars and haven't changed out the 2018 ones I used for these photos.)
Basically, these calendars were made using the same process and supplies described in my last post.
 Although time consuming, I enjoy heat embossing the stamped  image and applying the free flowing  Oxide Distress Inks which pair well with Copic pens that I use to add in extra filler color.
 Not all of the stamp image has to be used as seen with this cropped design which allows more of the Oxide Distress ink watercolors and gold flecked ink to show.  The  images on these calendars have been heat embossed with copper ink and Nuvo brilliant gold powder so they really have a nice sparkle.  Unfortunately, these photos don't show this aspect but you can see in the previous post what a nice effect results from this technique.
 This last one does not match the others because the whip cream kitty in the cup (Hero Arts stamp and die set) was an add on to cover up a 'boo-boo'. LOL!  I like that what I almost threw away turned out quite attractive and perfect for a coffee-loving cat person.  I hope I haven't bored you with yet another set of hanging calendars. I promise the next post will be something different....maybe it's time to start some Christmas crafting!

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn! OMG, what a great idea. These are sooooo cute.