Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Make A Birthday Wish


 While working on Valentine projects, I realized that I had a few birthday cards to create for the month of February.  Here's one I came up with using an AI (Art Impressions) stamp set that depicts middle aged bakers decorating a giant cake.  I thought this would be perfect for the recipient.  I used a solid pink card stock ( Paper Accents Pink Stash Pack from HM BFC) to make the card blank. (This pack is a real bargain because you can cut each sheet in half to make 80 cards!)  I didn't realize what a delicate job it would be to cut out this image so you may want to stamp the image onto a blank circle to avoid the cutting hassle.  To camouflage my inaccurate cutting I glued a paper doily behind the image.  The image was colored with Copic pens and the sentiment was die cut with a Spellbinders set.  Inside the card I stamped the sentiment, "We're Not Getting Old We're Getting Awesome" and on the back of the card I stamped "Aged to Perfection".  Both sentiments came with the AI stamp set and seem perfect for this card. In the bottom photo is a new Lawn Fawn product that I purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  It is a chamois-like rubber stamp cleaner. I am happy to say that it works very well to clean off the ink even in the crevices of intricate stamps.  Well, one BD card down, a few more to go.......

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That's a great birthday card. I think the doily is the perfect background that keeps the focus on the image of the happy ladies celebrating.

Annette Allen said...

totally fun card.. that image is so awesome..