Saturday, May 18, 2019

Shaker Light Bulb Birthday Card

 When I saw the Jillian Vance Design stamp and die sets, I knew I had to purchase them to make a birthday card for my son, who recently got married at the Edison and Ford Museum in Naples, Florida.  He is a research scientist whose work sometimes requires the collection of statistical data so I thought the circuit board background was a good starting point.  I stamped the circuit board design with silver ink, sprinkled the wet ink with Nuvo silver embossing powder, and heat embossed it. Using the light bulb dies, I was able to make a simple shaker card with foam tape under the acetate.
 I liked the sentiments that came in the stamp set and decided they would work well on the Lawn Fawn banner die cuts. (This set is a very useful one because the die cut banners can be stamped and then folded to give more dimension to your cards.)
 The inside of the card seemed too plain (even for a 'boy' card)so I stamped a bit of the circuit board design here and there, leaving room for a message.  I hope that you too, will 'Shine Forth' and do some bright idea crafting! If you have some spare minutes, please leave a comment about what you are crafting or what you hope to see on this blog. Thank you!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

oh wow totally love this fun shaker light bulb card.. very creative.