Friday, December 20, 2019

Chocolate Dipped Treats



Looking for yummy, easy to make treats for Christmas gift giving?  For these chocolate dipped goodies all you need is a microwave oven, assorted dried items (coconut strips, pomelo slices, ika strips or li hing guava skins) and Ba Da Boom Ba Da Bing Dark Chocolate pieces. (I bought my chocolate from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.)

The chocolate can be easily melted in a coffee mug at about 7 power for 1 minute. Dip each piece and place it on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  If desired add decorative sprinkles before the chocolate dries.  A spoon will help you get the last bit of chocolate to drip over the fruit.  It will take about 1 hr. for the chocolate to harden enough for packing.  The Ba Da Boom Ba Da Bing chocolate tastes delicious and melts easily.  It also dries to a professional shiny finish.  My son's favorite dipped treat is the ika (sorry no photo) so I better get going and pack his gift box of homemade goodies so he gets it before Xmas. Yummy holidays to everyone working hard in blogland!

P.S. HM Ben Franklin Crafts has a new line of cellophane packaging that are really cute. Shown here are the clear mouth frog and clear stomach penguin. There are lots of other styles which are suitable for any occasion gift treats. I labeled the packs with The Tepra label maker which is sold at HM BFC.

6 comments:

Unknown said...


Hi Lynn: I was actually trying to get a hold of you. I have been looking for the " Recollections Comic Talk Stamps " and I looked at one of your projects and noticed that you purchase one. I have been crazy looking for these stamps. Would you be able to tell me where you purchased these stamps please? Thank you, Angela.

Lynn said...

Sorry, Angela you need to give me more information...the blog post date? I buy and use a lot of stamps.

Unknown said...



Hi Lynn: Thank you for getting back to me. It's these stamps. Super Hero Father's Day Card. Blog date Thursday, May 30, 2019
Super Hero Father's Day Card. Will that help? I can send you pictures in an email, but here I don't know how. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you. Angela I really need those Recollections Stamps and cannot find them.

Lynn said...

Angela I bought that stamp set years ago from a mainland craft store...checking out the competition LOL! Good luck finding it. Happy Holidays and thanks for reading my blog.

Unknown said...


Hy Lynn: Oh gosh. Thank you for getting back to me. Would you consider an offer of $50.00 for the stamps? Let me know. Angela

Lynn said...

Your offer to buy the stamp set from me is very generous but I use it often so I am not willing to part with it. Good luck finding a set for yourself. I'm sure it is out there somewhere.