Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Puppy Tree Tag

I bought the Mama Elephant stamp and die at the beginning of the holiday season (from HM BFC, I think). I thought it was so cute but a busy schedule made me not want to color the design with my favorite Copic pens.  Instead I stamped the image on watercolor paper with gold ink and heat embossed it with NUVO  'Gold Enchantment' powder.  My original plan was to use Ken Oliver pigment powders to add color to the tags. However, I didn't like the outcome so I was about to discard the tags.
However, I hate to waste time and supplies so I decided to try a different idea.  I thought the tags needed a soft pastel look so I tried my Gansai Tambi Pearl watercolors.  By just dabbing on some color here and there, I got the look I desired. Yay!
As you can see the opalescent colors look fabulous but are a bit hard to photograph.  I die cut a second tree from printed card stock so that the messy watercolored back could be  covered up and there would be a surface for writing.  I glued a specialty yarn between the two die cut trees so the tag can be attached to a special Christmas gift.  I hope you are wrapping up your Christmas gifts attractively, even if it's only to attach a pretty tag....I'm sure the recipient will be excited!

2 comments:

yyam said...

I'm sure it's sparkly and pretty....and make the recipient happy!

Annette Allen said...

this is so totally cute.. i love the pearl watercolors..